Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

MonoDroid "aresgen.exe" Error

I just installed the MonoDroid build 1.0.7931 Visual Studio plugin today and went to build my first Hello World app when I encountered the following error:

"aresgen.exe" exited with code -1

At first I wasn't sure what was wrong but after some toiling, realized that I had installed my android sdk in a non-standard location. So, if you encounter this same issue just move your sdk to "C:\android-sdk-windows" and all will be well.

Happy MonodDroid-ing

1 comment:

DPLyonnais said...

I am thinking there may be several reasons why this error would show up... Mine was caused by using a Capital letter as the first character for a layout file, strange. Also,

http://monodroid.net/Documentation/Troubleshoot